This is a long post – it did not start out to be one but, anger and embarrassment of how the world sees American kicked in, and, well, it now TL;DR (if you are one of the ones who only want short writings)…. (original paper written Jan 6th that night)
Yes, FDR had the Day of Infamy on Dec 7, 1941 when Pearl Harbor was sneak attacked – along with the massive number of resultant American deaths, in this country and abroad.
Well, we (Americans) have another president who now has a Day of Infamy, one that the F’ing individual does not deserve to be associated with. Yes, the F word is protected speech (First Amendment – just have to be careful how you use it) but I chose not to use it due to Twitter or Facebook WILL flag it as vulgar speech and ban the posting (on my web site it will be used).
Today, Wednesday, January 6, 2021, will go down in history as the ultimate capstone on American President 45’s term in office – one of lunacy and mental instability, incompetency, ignorance and lack of education – did we neglect to add lack of integrity, diversity, collaboration, corruption and greed…?
This day has brought National shame to America and what was / is supposed to be a bastion of global democracy that other countries and millions of people looked up to and admired.
We cannot say that now.
At least not while this F’ing individual continues to sit at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
We have a MASSIVE swab of embarrassment spread over us. We have the eyes of the world looking at us as ignorant, conspiracy minded and probably uneducated individuals breaching the American Capitol – believing it is the right thing to do.
My heart instantly shattered when my wife came to get me to see what was happening (I was teleworking and just signing off) at the Capitol. I was heart-broken to see the scenes unfold across the tv (on CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CNBC, Bloomberg, and yes, even Fox).
The thing is, many of these individuals are being led by other craftier individuals ever so gently guiding these tunnel-visioned sheep down illogical and well, crazy paths according to their own byzantine plans of “glory”. And the sheep (sorry for the term but living beings acting in herd mentality, doing things they know they should not be doing are like sheep – not doing their own thinking, sooo, it appears very apt to use that term) seem to have no inclination
We now have so many individuals in filter bubbles and silos believing that their worlds are the only right world and everyone else is wrong. These individuals incredulously and deeply believe in conspiracy (and if you do not know this – go check out the Pizza-gate situation that put Hilary Clinton in the spotlight – then come back). These folks believe in:
- non-facts, or rather – as Kellyanne Conway so elegantly put it, “alternative facts”.
- non-science – look at the anti-vaxxers who followed the ill-minded doctor who put out untrue content about vaccines and autism (go read up on Andrew Wakefield and the bogus writings he created that many people desperately latched onto – the UK basically disowned this person as a medical professional)
- you could also check out old clips of people like Alex Jones and others of that ilk – then tell us what you think…
We have a day of national shame where a mob, a mob of terrorists (yes, the word ‘terrorists’ was used, don’t blink too hard…) illegally breached the American Capitol. Now, if that were a group of Blacks or Muslims – there would have been multiple fatalities, of Black and Brown people, lying all over the Capitol grounds…. This is very hypocritical of the law enforcement arena and points out quite clearly whose lives matter most – does it not?
The problem is not just with the people, it is with the government leaders who are supposed to be doing a better job in helping the people of the land – not just certain groups of people.
Look at the following 13 individuals, I would call them Pigs but I cannot really do that – I do not want to spend my time disparaging them. Many of us “really, really” do wish to call them a derisive term. All they seem to want, is to line their own pockets at all costs. Add more pork here and add a little there please.
What does Hawley believe he is gaining by challenging something ‘super-legal’, which really cannot be overturned or ignored? What does any of these people believe they are gaining…? Fame? Notoriety? Future glory to stand upon for future endeavors…? And, boy, look at the 140 republican congress-people – what the heck are they going for? Gohmert believes he can un-do democracy….
Look at them – and yeah, their names are all in lowercase because they do not deserve anything better:
- josh Hawley, ted cruz, ron johnson, mike braun, Cynthia lummis, roger marshall, bill Hagerty, tommy Tuberville, Kelly Loeffler, marsha blackburn, john kennedy, steve daines, james lankford
If these are individuals who went to Washington DC to make a difference in the world, to make the world a better place – they are all missing the mark. They have shown their true colors – we now know where they stand – they are all willing to follow the lead of a dunce (as Mary Trump can attest, as far as we know but it is good enough) who is cheerfully leading them off the cliff… All in fear of a bad tweet. And we can successfully write them off in the future for anything they say or do.
What does it take for people to see democracy work and when it does not work?
So many people are like:
- Pigs – that only want to root around in the mud and grub up whatever they can stick their snouts into… As long ‘they’ got it (it is anything they are going after), no matter how they got it or at what cost. And because of that, it is of no consequence how much or what damage is done to others around them – that made them satisfied (hey, I’m going to sell some stock on the White House grounds to make a profit — sound familiar, it should be, it happened in June 2017 – Chris Collins). It works when they come out on top, ahead of everyone else – it does not matter if it is illegal or unethical…
- Little babies. Primarily this is about many in the Senate and Congress but it also applies to the people who follow these ‘leaders’… These babies are like the generation of children who were spoiled at every chance and because of that and to make these children (at the time they were children) feel ever so much better, they were all given trophies to feel good. To know that they were the best because they had a trophy, no matter that all of them in the race or they group they were in – they all received trophies. Or, in current times – these individuals seem to somehow magically become multi-millionaires while in Congress or the Senate – on a government salary… normally only corrupt, authoritarian and dictatorial leaders like Putin, Erdogan, and others become millionaires and billionaires…
We, Americans, most of us, are hugely embarrassed and shameful of what has happened this day, Wednesday, January 6, 2021 – a day that should have shown the world what a peaceful transition of power should look like. But because of a mob of terrorists, and mainly due to this current president and political party followers – we are another notch lower (among the many we have dropped over the past four years) in the eyes of the world.
This is something that will take years to recover from… But the blemish will remain, forever on America.