While we were very, very late (years ago) in responding to the Rwandan crisis of the zealous Hutus wiping out, no, horrifically murdering over 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus – we cannot let a similar situation occur again. Never again!
We failed the Tutsis and those sympathizer Hutus. WE CANNOT ALLOW SUCH A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY TO OCCUR AGAIN!
Okay, so the ‘immediate’ crisis of the Yazidis being wiped out on and near Mt. Sinjar, we, the people of the civilized and/or Western world still need to aid the Yazidis. We need to prevent their race from being wiped out or nearly wiped out.
We have to continue working on stopping the growth and reach of the insanely zealous ISIS group. And I have a plan for that – if it were only that simple.
Take 2,000 U.S. troops, not just advisors, to the contested regions. These members will be made up of Special Forces (doesn’t matter – Delta, Green Beret, Seal Team, Recon Rangers, etc), Marines, Soldiers and Navy Seabees. They should be volunteers, with the blessings of their spouses/partners, who want to go into Iraq to help in this ‘humanitarian mission.’
The American people, our Congress and our Senate should be well aware that the aim of our military involvement (and that of any allies and other mid-Eastern countries that want to help, such as Germany, France and the U.K.) is not to help the country of Iraq but the people of Iraq and more importantly, the Yazidis.
We CANNOT stand by, idly and providing minimal assistance while a group of overzealous Islamists attempt to commit genocide and take over a country for religious reasons – even if it means some small number of military personnel on the ground. As it stands, ISIS continues to execute people for not converting to Islam and their way of life. And, oh yes, do not forget ISIS thugs raping women and marrying them off against their will to other crazy ISIS zealots.
And YES, the majority of Iraqis should be helping the Kurds as they in turn are aiding the Yazidis. Many Iraqis should be ashamed in not doing more to defend their country against these militant zealots of ISIS.
If the Western world is willing to fight for the Yazidis, the Iraqi people (Shia and Sunni) bloody well should be willing to help staunch this insane ISIS tribe of thugs.
Now that al-Maliki has actually resigned, maybe the Iraqi people will come together in turning the tide – we’ll see.
While I am not religious, it still brings tears to my eyes to see a race of people and massive amounts of their culture of ancient buildings, art, history and writings being systematically destroyed. For no sane reason!
If, “if” I were younger, I’d volunteer – again – for the Marines to aid in preventing another potential genocide…
Hunting ISIS (or Boko Haram)
Now, again, if it were my plan, I’d send multiple 6 – 8 person teams composed of Special Forces’ members (with 1 Kurd or Iraqi Spec Force on each team) to go after all the ISIS HVTs (high value targets).
With the Marines, Soldiers and Seabees, I’d build ~44 – 45 person Kurd/Iraqi combat teams (that is, Iraqis with a backbone) and add 4 – 5 Americans to each grouping and send this 50 person team after various key points to wipe out those ISIS members.
The American members would be outfitted as high tech as possible (and it is possible) and let them hunt at night time.
- Helmets with built in Night vision / thermal goggles – and at present time, there are some humdinger models represented by the latest versions of technology (speed, resolution, distance, anti-blinding, etc.) – the goggles would also have the capacity to detect laser (perimeter protection or tripwires) – they would also have a capacity to detect landmines (metal and/or hard plastic) buried near the immediate surface – the helmets would also include bullet proof HUDs (heads up displays) to track team mates, on screen interactive/real time maps (in color)
- Camouflage clothing and backpacks made of material that mimics the surrounding foliage/environment, not just frilly/wooly gilly suits – the camo clothing would also have some capacity to significantly reduce the thermal footprint (or body) of the wearer
- Iron clad IFF beacons so there is no friendly fire deaths by mistake
- Use high powered ammo to guarantee knock downs and destruction of equipment – we do not want those ISIS members getting up again or being able to use the equipment they commandeered in the first place
- Micro UAVs – outfitted in some kind of ultra-quiet mode so when they hover at 200-500 feet, the ISIS members will not think anything of the whisper quiet UAV blades (and those UAVs will be painted with some kind of camo paint…) – the UAVs will have the best miniature cameras in DARPAs inventory to avoid any pixilation when an image has to be massively magnified as well as superior night time viewing, even at long range distances – the UAVs would also have magnificent communication packages to handle extra-wideband traffic (images & multiple channels) at multi-MB if not GB speeds – all encrypted of course…
- High performance silencers (rifles, hand guns) would also be nice to have…
- Hand held rail guns would be very, very nice to perform some fast enemy equipment destruction, but…
- Having allies (SAS, IDF, French Foreign Legion, etc.) joining in would be very welcome
There is more but I’m stopping here… And as far as Boko Haram goes, I’d use the same techniques and tactics in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon with the best Nigerian forces
Don’t get me wrong, I am all for preserving human life and the way of life for some people.
- But, I am all for hunting down people who have committed murder, kidnapping, rape and genocide and want to continue committing murder, kidnapping, rape and genocide and bringing them to justice.
- I am against any group of people forcing other people to turn to any other brand of religion or way of life
- Furthermore, I am against any group of people illegally denying any other group or race of people from enjoying a happy, well to do way of life – just because the other group is of a different race
You too should be against a group such as ISIS…